Sunday, June 6, 2010

Quick Trip

A really quick trip!  To one of our most favorite places ever...

Despite some dark clouds, we were able to enjoy our first day in between the rain showers...
The boys got to do some skim boarding with Daddy...


 and jumping in the waves

while Meg warmed up to the idea of wearing sunglasses
and keeping a hat on.

Our second day was absolutely beautiful.  Blue skies.  Big rolling waves...we even got to watch some surfers!  The boys could not have been more excited about the waves.  They spent most of the day in the ocean
and building sand castles,

while Meg played contently with a little yellow shovel & fishing net
and blew some gigantic bubbles with her Grandaddy.
We let the boys pick their favorite places to eat.  First up was LuLu's,
and then their real favorite, The Crab Trap, where they can't get enough of the sauteed crab claws.

Our last night, we enjoyed being surrounded by family & friends at the wedding ceremony of Ryan's cousin. 

Despite a horrible forecast, God really smiled on them & blessed them with a beautiful evening...just perfect for a wedding at the beach!

We had a great time with Ryan's parents.
I was excited about getting a few pictures before the ceremony.  I was thrilled that the boys actually cooperated for a picture even if Meg didn't.

I was almost as happy to have a picture made of all of us {even if Meg was in the middle of a song}
or to have a picture of just the two of us {compliments of Ben}!

And after the ceremony, we enjoyed watching the kids dance...especially the worm.
Then it was time to load up & head back home.
{More on that to come...}

9 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

GREAT pics Joy!! So glad ya'll were able to get to the beach and have some fun!!

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

oh and i wanted to say LOVE your dress!!!!

gabgirl said...

looks like FUN times!! :)
p.s. i am soooooooooooooo diggin' the curls in your hair!

brooke said...

Oooh...love the beach pictures! I sure wish I was at the beach right now!! Well, that's if they get this oil thing figured out. Glad y'all had a great time!

Leah said...

We just got back yesterday from GS! :) There was one night we ate at the Oyster House that I *thought* I saw Rebecca. Maybe I did? We enjoyed one day on the beach before the tar balls hit the shores.

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Wonderful pictures!! You look great! Glad you had a good time.

Lindsey said...

I love the pics of your kids!! They are so sweet and it looks like everyone had fun! You look fabulous, Joy!!

Stefanie said...

I love the pics of Meg in her hats. They are too precious! I am so glad you got to make it to the beach before the oil.

THE MORROW FAMILY said...

Cute beach pictures...glad ya'll had fun! I love your dress! :)