Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Elevens


My sweet, sweet boy...you & I are 2 peas in a pod.  We are so much alike that at times we drive each other absolutely crazy.  It hurts sometimes because so many of the things that I see in you are the things that I struggle with, in particular your need to be perfect at everything.  Nothing less than perfection ever seems to be good enough for you {maybe except where your room is concerned}.  But that makes you very mature, dependable & you are my go-to.  I can count on you to keep your brother in line & totally trust you to take care of your sister.  You do so many little things for me each day, from helping me clean the house, folding the laundry, typing texts for me while I drive, taking your sister to the potty when I'm in the middle of cooking.... 


You are honest, to the point of ratting yourself out about any & every thing.  You can't stand the thought of anyone being disappointed in you.  As a result you have earned the respect of your Mama & Daddy, your teachers & peers.

On this 1-11-11 it almost impossible for me to believe that you are 11.  From the very beginning you have brought nothing but joy to our family.  From the moment they placed you in my arms & you reached up to touch my face I have never been the same.  You may not want to be considered my baby any more, but you'll just have to get over it.  You will always be my baby.  And I will ALWAYS love you!

HaPpY HaPpY BiRTHDaY Cole Hunter!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

our precious Cole Hunter---all you said he is and more! as stated, much like his mother which his cynfie says is a great thing--and she should know :0)

boyMOM said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy, COLE!! :)
Hope you CeLeBrAtEd BIG!!

The HoneaBees said...

Happy Golden Birthday Cole!

A Wife and a Teacher said...

What a great way to celebrate- with a SNOW DAY!! I hope he had a very happy birthday!

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Cole!! Hope it was AwEsOmE!! What a great birthday week...to be out of school all week with 8 inches of snow ;)

brooke said...

Happ Happy Birthday Cole! Are you kidding me? ... 11 on 1-1-11?? That is crazy. Love all that you wrote. He'll enjoy reading it one day.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COLE!!
From all of us here in Sweeny, Tx.
We love you, too, and hope that you had a wonderful birthday!
Uncle P