We went for a little get-away to Atlanta to watch the Braves
I took all of these from my seat, sitting down {no cropping to make them appear bigger or closer}....
Several people thought we were crazy for taking Meg along. But she was great & could not have been any better! She watched the first 2 innings, slept 4 innings & woke back up to share snacks. The only time all game she had a pouty look was when I tried to take the strawberry smoothie away from her...
After the game the boys took off running straight to the dugout. After standing there for quite some time & letting me take a couple of pictures, the security guard came over & told us it was time to go. As we were walking away, a bat-boy called out to my boys to come back. He threw each of them a ball that had been used. They were so stinkin' excited!!! It made their night complete.
Before the game, we toured Turner Field.
It was interesting to see all the behind-the-scenes things like the view from the press box
& sitting in the dugout.
Yesterday we ventured to check out the aquarium. It was amazing! The kids had so much fun & I had so much fun watching their excitement. We've been to 3 aquariums now & I still can't decide which one I like best, they are all so different.
The employees at this aquarium were AWESOME! I was so excited when we got up to the jellyfish exhibit & the guide said that he was a professional photographer who worked part-time at the aquarium. He said he would help us capture the bright colors of the jellyfish. I was really pleased with the result.
I have had such a great time looking through my pictures...Ben had my camera much of the time that we were at the aquarium. Apparently these were his favorites, because there are about 20 pictures of these 2 from just about every angle possible.
While we were downtown, I wanted the kids to walk through the Olympic Park. I have many wonderful memories of attending the very hot '96 Olympic games with my parents. Everything looks so different from when it was the Olympic Village covered with tents full of vendors, but I still recognized several sites.
Afterwards we had dinner with some of our dearest friends who live in the Atlanta area. There is nothing like having friends that you hardly ever get to see, but you still keep up with & every time you see one another you just pick up right where you left off. This visit made my trip complete! I'm still holding out hope that one day they will move back close to us :)

5 comments:
What a fun trip! I'm so glad y'all had such a great time & what about those seats! That's fantastic!
What a fun trip and amazing seats!!! I have always wanted to go to a Braves game.
What a fun weekend getaway! I love the pictures! :)
What fun! I can't believe we've been to three Braves games this year and they were all losses! I can only imagine that it's a lot more fun if they actually win. Great seats...that's awesome!! Love the pics! I need to learn some ebay tips from you and some couponing tips from Sunny. Glad ya'll had a great time!!
SWEET!
Post a Comment