Friday, September 4, 2009

Grace & Graciousness

My heart is filled with thankfulness for those two words right now. I have truly had an incredible week which has really reminded me what an incredible summer my family has enjoyed! I think that it's so important to share when God does awesome "God-things" in our lives. So here's a couple of thoughts on those 2 words & my week.

As you probably know my husband has a "real" job that pays the bills. It pays the bills. That's about it. What I'm saying is that his 2nd job is just as important as his "real" job. It is necessity. It always has been. When the economy took its nose-dive, construction businesses everywhere took a hit, a huge hit. Ryan went from being covered-up with jobs to a total stand-still. Thankfully, for the first time in a very long time, we had a nice little nest-egg. We normally stress when things get slow (let-alone stop), but having the nest-egg provided some peace. I know I've mentioned several times what a hard-worker Ryan is, but in case you're new, at times in our lives Ryan has worked so many hours that he would not see the kids for several days (although he was in town the whole time). It's hard, physical labor. He's always been slammed with work in the summer & in this business everyone knows you don't turn away work because you never know what Winter will bring (or not bring). So let me insert here, that it was at the first of summer that his final jobs were completed. For the first time ever...EVER, we were able to enjoy the summer as a family! We were able to take trips & spend the days doing whatever we wanted WITH Ryan! It's been incredible! As the Summer was dwindling down, so was the nest-egg. A couple of weeks before school started, the phone started ringing, yet the jobs didn't need to start until after school started. An absolute "God-thing". He provided the nest-egg that got us through the Summer. He provided a Summer that we were able to enjoy as a family. He provided peace that we would get through. He provided more work & held it off until the boys were back in school. He always, always provides, whether we deserve His grace or not!

This week I've enjoyed a "stay-cation". My Dad had meetings in town & my parents were staying at this awesome place & invited us to join. Meg & I spent the mornings with my Mom...eating at our favorite places, relaxing & shopping. In the afternoons, I picked up the boys & we went back to swim, shop & eat at more of our favorite places. I feel so spoiled! My parents are the most gracious people I know. And not just with me...with their church, their parents, friends, friends-of-friends & even total strangers. I feel so grateful for their graciousness this week (especially during a major melt-down had by one of my ever-precious children). I pray that I follow in their footsteps & grow to be gracious.

And because I can't resist pictures, here's a few from the week....

3 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Love these pictures.... Meg is just the most precious little girl!! Glad ya'll had a great week with family!!

The HoneaBees said...

That paragraph sounds exactly like our life! And what I was about to post about this week!
Love the pictures!! Cute kids!

The HoneaBees said...

doesn't this take on a whole new meaning today versus monday? I can't bring myself to post what I was going to about our daddy time.